Friday, February 27, 2009

Prayer

In todays day it seems like everything is going wrong. My dad is in Iraq, while my mother is home with 7 kids, one with cancer, 1 teenage boy (we all know about that :-)), and in the process of adopting the 2 youngest. My sister is cancer free, but it'll be a long journey. Our aunt is going in for open heart surgery as I type this. And to think this morning I was worrying about a vacuum, the fact that my car randomly flashes it's lights and rolls down the windows, that I need to go and shovel my drive way.
These little things were stressing me out, and what did I want to do, just complain. And then to hear that my aunt is strugling for her life, while I complain about snow. Lord! Please help me see things how You would, help me be more like You! I remember when I first heard about my sister Kel and the cancer. I couldn't imagine why God would do something, and then I remembered that He IS in control of everything, He KNOWS all. I learned so much from that and yet I seem to slip back into my self centeredness. Thank you Lord for helping me see how much more I need to grow in You. Thank you for giving us your Word to help us grow and lean on you. We serve an awesome God, even though we don't understand why He does what he does. I just felt like sharing a piece of my heart, thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Great thoughts, He is in control and has a reason for everything!

Keep trusting in HIM!!