Sunday, February 22, 2009

I just felt like writing about my 'blessings' weekend as I am calling it. (I will post pics tomorrow) First I found out some good news at the doctors, or as good news as surgery is. Got to spend some time with my family, who I love and miss. Got to see my sister, Kelly, who is cancer free and doing awesome. My other sister, her husband, and niece! All gorgeous and wonderful!! My brother Noah's birthday! Glad he liked the "Axe" products but we'll have to do something about the sweater, he didn't like that so much! Getting to see Sam, how he's grown, and become so strange! ;-) Mary Clare who is almost more of an adult then the 3 of us older girls together. Her awesome calligraphy, which I am going to hire her to do some work for me. Josiah, who has a awesome house, with chairs and a book shelf with a ton of cool books on it, in his game that I can't spell. And as always it's awesome to see my 2 youngest siblings John and Joy, crazy, funny, and most of all lovable! I am so blessed to have such an awesome family. And to top it all off, my mother! Who gave me a lecture about needing to tough it up and get over being scared, and encouraged me in my devo's and walk with the Lord. And what can be more important then our walk with the Lord. Mother and I may not always agree, but it's so wonderful to share a sisterhood in Christ with her. Now the weekend would have been perfect except daddy is serving our country and couldn't make it back this weekend! ;-) And Fred and Mel must enjoy the warm weather too much!
We were able to do some fun things as well, I went ice scating on the lake for the first time in years! I majorly sucked at it, but I did get out there and gave it a try. I wore my dads snow pants, my brothers HUGE Miami Dolphins jackets, some big black gloves with a hole in the thumb and a purply headband thing to keep my ears warm, oh and to top it off, my dads winter boots that are 10 sizes to big! It was fun, it was snowing so hard, but it was great!! A funny story about this weekend, mother and I went to the store to get some groceries. Got back to the car, while it was snowing heavly the entire time, and my windows were all the way down. Don't know how they got that way but they were and the car was full of snow! What fun!
My weekend go better on Sunday, with a safe ride up to church, and a good encouraging message about the sanctity of life, and how every life is sacred to God. And how in our country and state we need to be helping and praying for pregnancy care centers. A somewhat enjoyable meal, although heavy, of burgers from Red Robin. Which I got a awesome surprise, Steph my cousin was there! She normally doesn't work on Sunday but is, so she can come up for cousins weekend. It's so nice to see family in my 'neck of the woods' and to see I am not alone up here! She's so sweet! Had a somewhat restful afternoon of resting and cutting out coupons and figureing out deals for the week (kel that comment is for you! ;-)). And then tonight on the way to church I got 6 reeses whips, razor and 4 bottles of Axe for free!!! Sweet. Then a great service at my church, Joe Fox (our youth pastor) did a presentation about technology and how to use it wisely, for parents in regards to their children. It was awesome! Really showed that it can be used for good, and how you need to guard the TV, internet, cell phone and mp3players, with as much discretion as you would anything else in your Christian walk. It was video taped, so I am sending 1 to mom and dad. Went back to Walgreens, where I did the deal above and got renolds wrap, 6 reeses and a razor for -$1. Meaning they paid me a $1 to buy the stuff!!! Awesome!! Seth and I had a good ride home, and now I am resting just thinking about how blessed I am! I love you all!

~Molly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was such a blessing to read...You should do that more often. :)